Two, balanced XLR-3 microphone inputs, switchable 48V phantom power with a rotarydgain control ranging from 0 to 40 dB in 10 dB steps. The VMS 5 also has the unique ability to accept a Schoeps Active Y-Cable (KCY) of the Colette modular system. This allows a small, stealthy no-compromise setup without the need for CMC amplifiers.
Two, balanced XLR-3 outputs are impedancebalanced and transformerless - switchable between the amplified microphone signals and the decoded M/S stereo signals.
VMS 5 Features:
• Switchable phantom powering and M/S matrix
• Frequency response: 20 Hz - 80 kHz (-3 dB)
• Two low-cut filters: 20 Hz (permanent) and 150 Hz (switchable)
• Headphone monitor output, allows M/S to be monitored while sending discrete signals out
• Includes a BALANCE potentiometer that permits compensation for differences in microphone sensitivity up to 20 dB.
• Gold-plated sockets and switch contacts for long service life
• Glitch-free, automatic switchover to internal batteries in the event of AC power loss
• Runs on six internal AA batteries or external DC supply
• Automatic shut-off if voltage gets too low to protect unit
Battery life with alkaline cells is approximately 8.5 hours with phantom powering on. The run time with MiMH rechargeable batteries is generally much lower and is dependent on their mAh rating.